Wednesday 31 August 2016

Waiting On Wednesday: The Velvet Cloak Of Moonlight


'Waiting On Wednesday' is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication 'can't wait to read' book chosen by me is:



Title: The Velvet Cloak Of Moonlight by Christina Courtenay

Expected Release Date: 7th October 2016
Publisher: Choc Lit

(From Goodreads)


"As the velvet cloak of moonlight settled over the ruined towers of Raglan Castle, the shadows beneath them stirred ..."
When newly widowed Tess returns to Merrick Court, her husband's home, it's to confront her past head-on.



But during a visit to the nearby Raglan Castle, an extraordinary hallucination transports her to a past that existed long before her own - to seventeenth-century Wales and to a castle on the brink of a siege.



Even when Tess leaves Raglan, the strangeness continues as her life becomes increasingly intertwined with her dreams and visions. And when she meets Josh Owens, a stranger from New Zealand, the parallels become even more obvious. 



But perhaps the voices from the past are simply trying to tell their own story or is it something more...


Why am I waiting for this book?
As a book reviewer, I like to stray slightly away from what I normally read and this book has piqued my interest. Although it is a contemporary romance; one of my usual genres, it also has a time-travel element that intrigues me. Another plus is the setting...The UK, so it'll be nice to read something from my home country for a change. The author Christina Courtenay is new to me, so that's an added bonus.

What are you waiting for?



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure this is a book for me, but I hope you love it! Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one, but what a beautiful cover! Hope you can get a hold of it soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete